MAMPUKAH PERMOHONAN MAAF TUN HANIF MENYUCIKAN LIM KIT SIANG?
Dr. Kamarul Zaman Yusoff
Di dalam permohonan maaf beliau kepada Lim Kit Siang semalam, Tun Hanif Omar mengesahkan bahawa penahanan Lim Kit Siang di bawah ISA pada tahun 1969 bukan atas sebab bahawa beliau telah meminta Malaysia dibahagikan (secara fizikal) atas dasar perkauman.
Mengikut rekod Kementerian Hal Ehwal Dalam Negeri, memang benar bahawa penahanan Lim Kit Siang di bawah ISA pada tahun 1969 bukan atas sebab bahawa beliau telah meminta Malaysia dibahagikan (secara fizikal) atas dasar perkauman.
Begitupun, rekod sama menunjukkan bahawa penahanan Lim Kit Siang di bawah ISA pada tahun 1969 adalah disebabkan tindakan-tindakan beliau mencetuskan perasaan anti-Melayu dan anti-Islam, termasuk menyemai ketakutan dan kebencian di kalangan rakyat Sabah.
Antara lainnya adalah kerana ucapan-ucapan beliau yang mendakwa kerajaan sedang cuba mewujudkan satu Malaysia Melayu dengan membahagikan rakyat kepada golongan Bumiputera dan golongan bukan Bumiputera; kerajaan sedang cuba menghapuskan akhbar-akhbar Cina, sekolah-sekolah Cina dan bahasa-bahasa Cina serta bahawa kerajaan sedang melaksanakan satu dasar “Me-Malaysia-kan” Sabah.
Berikut disertakan butiran penuh asas-asas penahanan Lim Kit Siang di bawah ISA pada tahun 1969 untuk penelitian kita bersama.
STATEMENT UNDER SECTION 11(2)(b) ISA, 1960.
NAME OF DETAINEE: LIM KIT SIANG.
GROUNDS ON WHICH THE ORDER OF DETENTION IS MADE:
Since July, 1968, you, Lim Kit Siang, have been acting in a manner prejudicial to the maintenance of public order in Malaysia in that in the several speeches you have made since the date you have deliberately and intentionally roused intense communal feelings thereby promoting feelings of hostility between different races in Malaysia and causing suspicion and disunity to grow between them.
ALLEGATIONS OF FACTS:
1) On the 27th July 1968, at a DAP public rally at Tanjong Malim, Perak, you deliberately distorted the Government policy on Education by telling your audience that the policy was designed to achieve and eventual extermination of Chinese newspapers, Chinese schools and Chinese languages. Such distortion was made by you with the deliberate intention of creating and furthering suspicion and animosity between the Chinese and the Malay in this country.
2) On the 24th August 1968, at a public rally at Slim River, Perak, you deliberately distorted the Government’s policy on language by telling your audience that a tourist poster with the Malay wordings “speak the National language only” clearly illustrated the one language policy of the government and that the dubbing of English, Chinese and Tamil T.V. films with Malay was unfair to the other races as their languages were not being given equal status. Such distortion was made by you with the deliberate intention of creating and furthering suspicion and animosity between the Chinese and the Malays in this country.
3) On the 7th September 1968, at the DAP public rally at 24 milestone, Sg. Besi road, Kuala Lumpur, and on 21st. September 1968, at Sungei Way new Village Selangor, on both these occasions you deliberately roused intense communal feelings by telling your audience that the MCA had instead of striving for the rights of the Chinese Language and Education in fact assisted the government in suppressing the Chinese Language as evidenced by the Non-recognition of Nanyang University project. The speeches are evidence of a deliberate misinterpretation of actual facts and had resulted in generating suspicion and animosity between the Malays and the Chinese in Malaysia and thereby creating a feeling of tension and racial hatred.
4) On the 29th September 1968, at the DAP public rally at Batu Pahat, Johore, on 2nd November 1968, at Lawan Kuda Bahru, Gopeng, Perak, and on 26th January 1969, at Jalan Yow, Pudu, Kuala Lumpur, on these three occasions you deliberately roused intense communal feelings by telling your audience that the alliance’s policy was a “racialist policy” as the Alliance had given more privileges to Bumiputras in University education and that there were first and second class citizens – the Bumiputras being first class citizens, and that the awards of honour such as P.P.M, are not worth anything because they were given to men in the streets and that P.P.M. stands for “ PELAN PELAN MATI”. By these utterances you had deliberately distorted the actual Government policies and by doing so you had generated racial tension, hatred and disharmony in the country.
5) On 12th, Feb 1969, at a DAP public rally held at Jalan Lengkongan Brunei, Kuala Lumpur, you deliberately roused intense communal feelings by telling your audience that the Government was showing discrimination between the various races in examination entry to University of Malaya, employment and in the distribution of land and that special privileges were being given to the Malays. By these utterances you deliberately distorted the Government policies and thereby causing suspicion and animosity between the various races.
6) On 13th May 1969, at a public rally held at Kampong Ayer, Kota Kinabalu, you deliberately roused intense communal feelings by telling your audience that the Government was trying to have a Malay Malaysia by dividing the people into bumiputras and non-bumiputras, that “the Malays were first class Bumiputras” and that the Government was carrying out a policy of “Malaysiation” of Sabah whereby all top post were held by the Malays. You also stirred anti-Malay and anti-Islamic religious feelings by telling your audience that the Government was pursuing the policy of exploitation by Malays of other races and that the Government by holding an International Islamic Conference in Kuala Lumpur had intended to send Malaysian citizens to die in the Middle East in order to capture Jerusalem for the Muslim World. By this speech you had made dangerous statements of a communal nature there by fostering communal resentment fear and apprehension amongst sections of the public in Sabah.
b/p SETIA USAHA, KEMENTERIAN HAL EHWAL DALAM NEGERI, MALAYSIA.
DATE: 11 JULY 1969
Butiran penuh asas-asas penahanan Lim Kit Siang di bawah ISA pada tahun 1969 ini diperkuatkan lagi oleh butiran kempen yang digunakan oleh Lim Kit Siang selaku calon DAP bagi kerusi Parlimen Bandar Melaka dalam PRU 1969 dalam mana beliau antara lainnya direkod menyatakan pada 7 Mei 1969 begini:
“We want Chinese, English and Tamil to become official languages, so that they could be used in Parliamentary and State Assembly speeches, government correspondence, public notices, etc.”
“We want the Alliance to stop dividing the people into first-class bumiputras and second-class non-bumiputras. We also want the government to stop discriminating against the other races on solely racial grounds in the schools, examination marks, admission into the University, job application, land application, contract work, granting of permits, etc.”
“The DAP is the only party which stands for racial language, cultural equality and freedom. All the others, like the Alliance and Party Rakyat, stand for the suppression of all other schools, languages and cultures except the Malay or Indonesian kind.”