AG Tommy Thomas ordered to bury Yusoff Rawther’s assault case

Attorney-General Tommy Thomas has received instructions from “upstairs” to bury the case involving Anwar Ibrahim’s aide, Farhash Wafa Salvador Rizal Mubarak. This was a case in May last year where Muhammad Yusoff Rawther lodged a police report regarding an assault that happened in Anwar Ibrahim’s office.


Raja Petra Kamarudin

Two of Anwar’s aides sued by his research assistant

(The Star, 20 Sep 2019) – Two of Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim’s close aides have been sued by his research assistant over a purported office brawl.

Muhammad Yusoff Rawther, 26, recently filed two separate suits naming the Port Dickson’s MP’s political secretary Farhash Wafa Salvador Rizal Mubarak, 37, and his press secretary Tunku Nashrul Tunku Abaidah, 30, at the Shah Alam Sessions Court.

In his statement of claim against Farhash, Yusoff said he was attacked by the former at Anwar’s office in Jalan Gasing, Petaling Jaya, at about 10am on May 16.

The plaintiff claimed that Farhash scolded him for being rough towards Anwar’s secretary Shukri Saad, which he denied.

Farhash then pushed him against the wall, choked and threatened to kill him, it was alleged.

Yusoff said he managed to escape but Farhash then allegedly lurched towards him and punched him repeatedly.

He then left the office whilst threatening to kill Yusoff.

Farhash Wafa Salvador Rizal Mubarak

At about 10.18am, Yusoff sent a text to Anwar to inform him of the incident, and Anwar told him to seek medical attention and rest at home.

He received medical treatment on May 16 and May 17 at Pantai Hospital, and this cost him RM1,876.

He also lodged a police report on the matter.

Yusoff is claiming general damages for the injuries, trauma and emotional distress, exemplary and punitive damages.

He is also claiming special damages: RM1,876 for his hospital costs, RM400 for his broken Fortis watch strap, RM5,500 for his broken iPhone 6, as well as RM40,000 for surgery to his shoulder.

In addition, he is seeking costs and other reliefs deemed fit by the court.

In his statement of claim against Tunku Nashrul, Yusoff said the latter sent a statement via WhatsApp to several print and electronic reporters on June 10, which was later published in the news.

Yusoff said there was malice when defendant sent out the libellous statement, claiming the incident did not take place and that the plaintiff, Yusoff, was a “volunteer researcher who had disciplinary and drug problems”.

Yusoff is seeking an injunction for the defendant not to repeat the libellous statement, and a public apology.

He is also seeking general damages for libel and slander to the tune of RM1mil, aggravated and exemplary damages.

In brief statements, both Farhash and Tunku Nashrul said they had yet to be served with any summons pertaining to the lawsuit and declined to comment further.

Muhammad Yusoff Rawther lodged a police report but AG Tommy Thomas told the police to NFA (no further action) the case