Iskandar records RM78bil investment

(Bernama) SINGAPORE: As of September this year, Iskandar Malaysia recorded a total cumulative committed investment of RM77.82bil from various sectors.

Iskandar Regional Development Authority chief executive Ismail Ibrahim said of this total, 60% (RM46.63bil) was domestic investments with the remaining 40% (RM31.19bil) coming from overseas. This is indicative of the gradual shift from a dependence on foreign investors to being a domestic enterprise driven metropolis as well as a reflection of the confidence that domestic investors have in Iskandar Malaysia.