No DNA match detected

(The Star) – Samples for DNA analysis taken from Ahmad Sarbaini Mohamed’s socks, back of his shirt, trousers and the back of his palm confirmed the presence of two unknown contributors, the Coroner’s Court heard.

Chemistry Department forensic scientist Dr Seah Lay Hong said the two unknown DNA did not match samples taken from any of the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commis-sion (MACC) officers, but matched that of two individuals that were autopsied before Ahmad Sarbaini in HUKM.

Seah, who is also the department’s head of DNA crime unit, told the inquest into the death of Ahmad Sarbaini that the contamination was caused by a leftover on the autopsy table.

The last witness of the inquest, investigating officer ASP Zuhairi Mohamed told the court he felt that his investigation was 90% up to par.

Asked by MACC counsel Datuk Seri Muhammad Shafee Abdullah on why was it not 100%, ASP Zuhairi said: “Till today I still do not know why he (Ahmad Sarbaini) wanted to go out of the window”.

Zuhairi said based on his investigation, he would say it was a case of sudden death and Ahmad Sarbaini had fallen from a high place.

“To say he committed suicide, no one saw the incident taking place and from experts’ statements, he did not have the criteria nor showed any sign for suicide,” he said.

Zuhairi said his investigation also ruled out homicide as Ahmad Sarbaini’s body had no injuries or scars caused by a struggle.

He said the only question that remained was why Ahmad Sarbaini had come out from the window of the pantry.

Asked by Muhammad Shafee if Zuhairi had received any statement that supports Raja Petra Kamarudin’s blog posting claiming that Ahmad Sarbaini accidentally fell to his death after being forced onto the ledge by a senior MACC investigator, Zuhairi said:

“I am the investigating officer and not Raja Petra. I do not know how he got his story. His version and my investigation findings are totally different. Those are his assumptions.”

Ahmad Sarbaini, 56, who was attached to the Port Klang Customs office, was found dead at the badminton court on the first floor of the MACC building on April 6.