PR Needs A Theme For GE 13; The War For Votes Starts Now

The people must see credible personalities emerging from PR. This is a lengthy mindset changing process. There must be credible people who are capable of being appointed ministers. And the rakyat must be familiar with these candidates. They must be household names way before GE 13. PR must start to bring these people to the surface. Do you seriously expect the people to put Tian Chua or Jeff Ooi to be a minister? Zulkifli Nordin for Minister of Education?

By Simon Templar

Today is not 31 August. But I have to talk about 31 August 1957. That date, ladies and gentlemen, is the day God decides to punish all Malayans. Am not sure why God did it, but maybe some of these people were beggars and prostitutes in their previous lives and they had to pay for their sins in the present. I don’t know.

What I do know is that the Brits left and in came new lords to rule over Malayans.

In 12 years time from 1957, the people will be instigated to kill each another. And that dark event will forever be held as a threat by certain factions of the Malaysian society to rule over the minorities with fear. And in 50 odd years time the country failed.

Why must the Brits leave? We now know that the Brits were dead broke after World War II. Why can’t the Brits been more entrepreneurial with Malaya? They didn’t leave Hong Kong. And they ‘came back’ to Singapore. (I hope they curse their luck when oil was found in the 70s.)

Damn Brits. And all they left us was a lousy piece of constitution. What is so sacred about this constitution thing anyway? What does it mean? What is the point of us even having this scroll or book or whatever you want to call it. Our constitution holds no meaning. It does not protect the people. What is the point of us being taught Keluhuran Perlembagaan when in reality it is all bullshit. And what is with the rest of the Rukun Negara. We shout Kepercayaan Kepada Tuhan but Tuhan is used against us. We shout Kesetiaan Kepada Raja dan Negara but our raja sold us out. We shout Kedaulatan Undang-Undang but undang-undang is used against us when we fight for ourselves. We shout Kesopanan dan Kesusilaan but our leaders call us beggars and prostitutes.

Look at us Malaysians. Orphans unloved by our government. Political pawns of our rulers and government. Our lives are but statistics in the eye of the very people entrusted by us to govern our nation. We have no basic human rights. We have no rights to defend ourselves. We have no rights to choose our leaders. We have no rights to speak or write. Every such notion presented to us are but wayang kulit shows. In the eye of our government, it is best that we eat, sleep and shit. (Actually about 60% of the population is on that routine already. The remaining 40% are considered rebels; communists!)

This is not an article of pointless ramblings. I want to remind all you readers that yes, the Brits left us to die. Yes, UMNO violate us in every possible way. Yes, they can take whatever they want from us even when we refuse to give it to them. But we the rakyat of Malaysia will not back down.

I know many of you are feeling tired. I know many of you have been dispirited when we have been pushing, pushing and pushing for the past 2-3 years (at least) only to see our efforts being taken apart by UMNO, MCA, MIC, MACC, PDRM and the fucking judges. But we the rakyat of Malaysia will not back down.

We will fight! And we will fight harder than ever. We will push for PR to be better. We will continue to criticise PR. We will continue to push for garbage to be kicked out of PKR, PAS and DAP. Our fight for the next general elections starts now.

In GE 12, the rakyat’s theme was simple – anyone but BN. Place a dog next to BN and the rakyat will place a cross on the dog. But the same strategy will not work again in GE 13. In true advertising, people want something new and fresh. New concepts. And this is what the central working committee of PR has to start working on.

And I believe that keeping it simple and going back to basics always work – PR must be the capable alternative.

The people will not buy ‘BN is so bad that we will definitely be better than them‘ anymore. If PR truly believe in this, we are doomed. Come GE 13, PR must show the people that it has quality to govern. So far, PR has failed in this aspect in all states it captured in 2009. Everywhere you go, people are frustrated with this serious flaw in PR. It is natural for humans to be impatient. The people are not stupid. Furthermore, it is human nature that people do not favour changes. If BN is fucked-up and so is the alternative PR, then why change from Fucked-Up No. 1 to Fucked-Up No. 2?

Read more at: