18-year old Malaysian girl at exclusive private college gang-raped

(Daily Mail) – Four wealthy Russians who used an iPhone to film themselves gang-raping a student at an exclusive private college were facing jail today.

The group had been in Britain for just two weeks when they carried out the horrific two-and-a-half hour attack on the Malaysian teenager at the £30,000-per-year college.

The Russians, aged between 19 and 23, gave a sickening running commentary – and even filmed themselves boasting about what they were going to do to her the day before.

The prosecution fear that she may have had her drinks spiked as she was too drunk to consent. 

Oleg Ivanov, 23, Norayr Davtyan, 22, Armen Simonyan, 19, and 23-year-old Gregory Melnikov all denied rape but were unanimously convicted by a jury at Woolwich Crown Court today.

Davtyan described the girl as a ‘machine’ and in the witness box referred to her as a ‘sl**’.

The court heard that Ivanov expressed ‘pity’ for the victim, when they noticed she was crying but was talked out of it by his friend Norayr Davtyan, 22.

Peter Clement, prosecuting, said: ‘Various members of the gang of four watched each other, encouraged each other, and gave a running commentary as to what they had done and what they were going to do to their fellow student.

‘They referred to merely in the abstract as “her” or “she” and in the course of the incident one of the four even has to ask another “What’s her name?”

International water polo player Davtyan was holding a party at his dorm at the exclusive college in South London on January 21 this year which the girl attended.

She had a shot of whiskey at the party before going to a disco at the school.

Although there is no concrete evidence her drink was spiked she felt ‘funny, dizzy and peculiar’ and was clearly intoxicated before going back to the party and vomiting then falling asleep.

The next time she awoke a man was having sex with her but she was unable to move, the jury heard.

She told police: ‘I just wanted him to stop, I couldn’t wake up, I couldn’t stand up, I felt really, really, really tired, I couldn’t do anything I couldn’t move my hand…

I just wanted to close my eyes, I just wanted to die, I did not consent to it.’ 

Mr Clements added: ‘Relatively early on in the footage Mr Ivanov says in Russian “She is crying” but it didn’t deter him or any of the others at any point.

‘He said “I feel pity for her” but this is only after he and others had had sex with her.

‘As she left Davtyan told her that she should not tell anyone about what had happened because she would be the one who was “embarrassed” and “ashamed” but she ignored his warnings and went to a pal before calling the police.’

Despite Simonyan texting Davtyan the next day to tell him to delete the footage which spanned between 12.38am and 3.10am it was still on his iPhone when he was arrested.

Only Ivanov received Legal Aid and the rest of the group were able to pay for their own top QCs. They had denied raping the teen.

In the harrowing footage shown to the court, she can be seen barely moving.

They said she was a ‘sl**’ who ‘willing consented’ but they were unanimously convicted by a jury of seven men four women after an eight week trial.

They sat emotionless in the dock as the verdicts against them were read out but a cry was heard from the family members in the public gallery. 

Davtyan was convicted on two counts of rape, Melnikov was guilty of rape and attempted rape while Ivanov and Simonyan were both convicted of one count of rape.

They were remanded in custody until they are sentenced tomorrow.